Whenever possible, QBC goes “green” in its engineering operations. Past efforts have included:
- Global Sustainability Assessment System (GSAS), formerly "QSAS" training programs for all project managers
- Latest technologies in efficient earthworks and dust controls
- On-site waste segregation and recycling
- Purchasing of recycled traffic barriers
- Use of alternative energies when possible
- Sustainable landscaping options that use indigenous florae to preserve local biodiversity and reduce the need for high levels of water in maintenance
- Eco-Stewardship in Construction, as dust control is a central environment issue in this region’s climate, QBC employs various dust control measures during all applicable construction work.